If You Can't Say Something Nice (r)

/* Written  7:28 pm  Apr 30, 1994 by chomchal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in igc:soc.culture.th */
s0lg@xxxxxxxxx (L Godfrey) writes:

>strider@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>> The article purports to be a conversation between a Thai and a Vietnamese, in
>> which the Vietnamese is quoted as telling the Thai:
>>
>>      Though your girl is not Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, you believe that
>>      she is more intelligent and more patriotic.  Sirindhorn is a well-
>>      known person as she was born from the Thai King; however, if she
>>      were born from an ordinary farmer or fisherman, she would have
>>      become a prostitute.
>>                          (Myatkhin'thit, Feb. 94, p. 135)
>>

>A totally disgraceful insult - there is no possibility whatever of
>Sirindhorn being a prostitute, as she is nowhere near nice enough
>looking.

>Laurence

For those of you who have been saying that you don't see Lawrence
offending any Thai, and that his comment is just critical (with
no malicious intention to offend whenever possible), I don't know what
would be good enough an evidence for you to see thru his nature, if not
this very one.

I was saying he was just critical about Thailand when he was arguing
with Khun Noy too. Then I could take it, thinking the guy might
just be critical and that's all. It didn't take me long, though,
to see where he's going, and to know that this man is rotten to the core.

John Clark might be rude in words, but that might be all that he is.
There are times that he plays rude, and that when he plays logical.
I place Lawrence on the top of the list for his shrewdness to get back
at Thailand and its people by all means and opportunities possible.
And especially getting back in such a way that he gets praised for it
by some very unbiased minds. A good insultor is the one that does so
with a smile, and you even thank him for it.

Lawrence Godfrey, you're pretty lucky to have the Thai police or
whatever marking your head, and not being able to enter Thailand.
But, boy, I wish you would be able to get in whenever you want.
We'll have a good party for you.

JC.

PS.
I felt sorry for him for possibly being treated unfairly at CMU as he
claimed, but keep wondering why he didn't bring any legal action against
them, when he is so good at libel suits. Now I wonder if it  wasn't the case
that they just gave him a good lesson becuase of what he might have
done when there?