PBS SHOW ON BURMA

PBS TV SHOW FOCUSES ON (Lack of) BURMA  HUMAN RIGHTS

RIGHTS & WRONGS # 206

Chris Walker and I have just returned from Burma where we managed to
sneak in a betacam video camera. We produced a television piece on the
human rights situation in Burma.  It includes video from throughout Burma
and areas on the Thai border including testimony from victims of forced
labor. The report will be shown on Rights & Wrongs, carried by many
public television stations in the U.S. Times of transmission vary, but the
show on Burma will be distributed May 5 and locally broadcast sometime
after that. The Burma show is number 206.  Call your local PBS station
and ask when this show will be broadcast. If the station does not carry
Rights & Wrongs, tell them they should contact WNET in New York and
get it!

-- Tony Avirgan

Following is a partial list of PBS stations carrying Rights & Wrongs and the
times when they broadcast it:

* New York, WNET 13     2:30 pm Saturday

Los Angeles, KCET 28,   1:30 pm Saturday

Phoenix, KAET 8,   10:30 pm Tuesday

San Francisco, KQED 9,    3:00 pm Sunday

Denver, KBDI 12,    9:30 pm Wednesday

New Haven, WEDY 65,   1:00 pm Friday

Washington D.C., WHMM 32,   3:00 pm Sunday & 11:00 am Wednesday

Miami, WLRN 17,   Noon Tuesday

Boston, WGBX 44,   11:30 pm Sunday

Portland, Ore., KOPD 10,   6:00 pm Thursday

Philadelphia, WHYY 12,   noon Sunday;    WYBE 35, 6:30 pm Saturday

Pittsburgh, WQEX 16,   1:30 pm Sunday

Dallas, KERA 13,   4:00 pm Sunday

Houston, KUHT 8,   4:00 pm Saturday

Seattle, KCTS 9,   2:30 am Sunday

Minneapolis, KTCA 2,   7:00 pm Wednesday

Madison, WISC 21,   11:00 pm Thursday