letter from Thailand

 A letter from Thailand			Bangkok June 18 1994

A request to all friends. I would like to present the following
letter to all our human rights friends and please commit your
idea for this.  I am also looking forward to have some e.mail
addresses from you.

Dear friends,

The Committee of Human Rights Action for Indigenous Peoples
(CHRAIP-BURMA) is a non profit and non governmental organisation
working among the indigenous peoples of Burma.  With a population
of 43 million, Burma is mostly inhabited by indigenous peoples and
they have never had opportunities to know and practice the rights
belonging to them.  These peoples are one example where the legacy
of British colonialisme can lead.

[Conialists who left in 1948 continues today in the arrogant and
aggressive behaviour of the dominant racial governments.  The policy
of the governments in fact resemble a programme of recolonialization
and ethnocide.

The purpose of CHRAIP is to train, educate, and inform the indige-
nous peoples of Burma in issues concerning their human rights.  Human
rights violations will be documented and an active advocacy shall be
exercised locally and internationally.

The beneficiaries of the actions are indigenous peoples, particularly
refugees, women, children, displaced persons and immigrant workers.

Our organisation was founded in April 1993 by a few member of
indigenous social workers (Shan and Mon nationalities). At present
we are working closely on Mon issues and in order to achieve its
purpose our organisation has decided as a first step to publish an
independent monthly news letter and an annual magazine in Mon langu-
age by co-operating with social workers and human rights activists
of Mon people.  We recently published 2 different post cards to raise
funds for CHRAIP.  The price is 5 Baht (20 Cent) each excluding pos-
tal charge and if you or your organisation are interested to support
our plan please contact us immediately.

With warm regards,

Cham Toik
Co-ordinator