Air Travel in Myanmar

/* Written  8:22 AM  Jul  9, 1994 by stevecaryl@xxxxxxx in igc:bitl.seasia */
/* ---------- "Air Travel in Myanmar" ---------- */
I am very intersted to hear stories of travel by air to and within the
country of Maynmar.

I am completing a study on air transportation, and there are many
interesting things about air travel there:
      They have a very poor safety record.
      They often do not accept tickets purchased outside of Myanmar.
      There is a signifcant price differential between what tourists pay
and what                locals pay.
      Only certain flights are available for tourists.

I am very interested to hear any anecdotes about experiences which
travelers may have had there onboard the aircraft or dealing with UB on
the ground.
My study includes pricing models, so any air fare information which you
might provide would be useful. (especially fares for Myanmars)

Please contact me directly if you please, or place some stories here. I am
sure many people would enjoy hearing them besides me!

SteveCaryL@xxxxxxx