Mergui Archipelago

Greetings, I am interested in the Mergui Archipelago. Anyone out there
with any knowledge at all?? All the books say is that it has been a
closed area for a long time and there are a lot of islands and pirates.

However the Japanese have made it back to restart the pearl farm at pearl
island and the Slorc is selling fishing licenses to the Thais. Anyone
from there or have first hand knowledge??

Also, I see there is talk of starting some air routes from Phuket??

Many thanks, Hamilton, out.