Eddie Bauer's statement on its with

Subject: Eddie Bauer's statement on its withdrawal

********************* Letterhead of Eddie Bauer ************************
NEWS RELEASE
February 1, 1995				Contact:  Cheryl Engstrom
							  (206) 882-6470
Future Business in Burma

Company Statement:

Eddie Bauer is a company that believe in global sourcing of merchandise to
meet our high standards for quality and value.

However, after carefully reviewing the current situation in Burma, the company
has decided to move its future business from all Burmese factories to other
factories around the world upon fulfillment of current contracts.

Eddi Bauer has a responsibility to make sound decisions in the management of
our business.  After several months of researching the situation, we deemed
that the political climate and growing opposition to trade in Burma posed a
potential threat to our future manufacturing opportunities.

Despite the fact that the facilities meet or exceed our strict factory
standards for fair and humane treatment, we have searched for, and recently
found, viable alternate factories in other countries.

Given this, and the fact that only a small percentage of our business was done
in those facilities, we can no longer support future business in Burma.

                               # # #