Eddie Bauer

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 03:47:16 -0800

>From tlandon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Wed Feb  1 20:02:18 1995
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 20:01:10 -0800 (PST)
To: strider@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Eddie Bauer Out of Burma (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 19:58:08 -0800
Newgroups: soc.culture.burma, soc.culture.thai
Subject: Eddie Bauer Out of Burma

Eddie Bauer News Release
Contact: Cheryl Engstrom
206-882-6470
206 882-6383 (Fax)
14850 NE 36th St.

Future Business in Burma

Company Statement:

Eddie Bauer is a company that believes in global sourcing of merchandise
to meet our high standards for quality and value.

However, after carefully reviewing the current situation in Burma, the
company has decided to move its future business from all Burmese
factories to other factories around the world upon fulfillment of current
contracts.

Eddie Bauer has a responsibility to make sound decisions in the
management of our business.  After sveral months of researching the
situation, we deemed that the political climate and growing opposition to
trade in Burma posed a potential threat to our future manufacturing
opportunities.

Despite the fact that the facilities meet or exceed our strict standards
for fair and humane treatment, we have searched for, and recently found,
viable alternate factories in other countries.

Given this, and the fact that only a small percentage of our business was
done in thos facilities, we can no longer support future business in Burma.

2/1/95