Identify yourself (r)

This message is for the good of everyone who is on this mailing list, an
in particular for Miguel Marquez and Javaman.

When you reply to these messages you are not only replying to the
original sender, but also the whole mailing list.  This is exactly how
I'm mailing to you and everyone else on the list.

To reply to an individual, send mail to their address rather than the
reply address.  burmanet-1@xxxxxxxxxxx is a mailing list, not a person,
so anything sent to it goes everywhere.

In Miguel's case, he seems to be angry about the number of
conversations between individuals that take place through the mailing
list.  This is understandable, but it is not the fault of the group
sponsering the mailing list but rather the people relpying to it.
So, to talk to individuals, mail seperatly to their address, don't
just relply to mailing list letters.

For Javaman, he likes to flame when he thinks a point needs to be
made.  Well, one did, but he made the same mistake the 'identify
yourself' person did.  He replyed to the newsgroup, sending his flame
to everyone, not just those responsible.  So, in a sense, he's just as
guilty as the original poster.

I hope this clears up questions about mail and mailing lists.  Again,
I stress the lesson I hope we've all learned:

When replying to a mailing list message, make wure what you say is
meant for everyone on the list, not just an individual.  If meant for
one person, use his/her personal email address.

And most of all remember, we're all in this together.  Kawthoolei fell
because of internal disent, let's not let this happen to this valuable
source of information.

Enjoy!

--
-Chris
Later.

phish> You're racing with the wind, you're flirting with death
phish> So have a cup of coffee and catch your breath.

-"Wanna Fight?"
-"Them's figthin' words!"

<cmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>