FutureWork and Burma (r)

> [...]
> > > satisfied with SLORC ideology say "I cannot take care of my aunt's cows,
> > > being
> > > eating my own rice" as Burmese saying goes. It is very certain that we have
> > > face the problems such that there are many Chinese in Mandalay and northern
> > > Burma who took the opportunity by cooperating SLORC. They have been buying
> > > almost the whole part of Mandaly. They are just opportunity-takers. We have
> > > to,
> > > including Burmese citizens like you, have to think that it cannot be
> > > tolerated
> > > in terms of justice.
> > > 	I think you have misinterpreted upon my lack of more clear explanation.
> > > I cannot personally let Burmese(100%), who are military elites and its
> > > followers
> > > getting and collecting property, have as they are just because they are
> > > Burmese
> > > too. They all have to face the future policy or laws of democratic Burma. I
> > > am
> > > trying to find what sort of policy, and laws can help to settle justice in
> > > Burma in order to help all deserved Burmese.
> > > 	Thanks,
> > > 	Tun Myint
> > >

> > Hi,
> > I am new to this discussion. I am a chinese decent from Burma. I think
> > the way Mr.Tun Myint describe is extremely unfair as chinese and indians
> > in Burma are all opportunitist and they are earning money in unfair way.
> > Also such as"100% Burmese". I think this is racist. Like my family have
> > been the fourth generation in Burma and they have contributed to the
> > country since their arrival. As they became
> > Burmese citizens and they lived and died in Burma. Their wealth is
> > Burma's wealth. I believe they should be perceived as Burmese regardless
> > of ethnic origin as there are many ethnics minority in Burma. I don't
> > think it is fair to decide who get more priveledge by the time of
> > ancestral migration to Burma. My father and mother were all born in Burma
> > and lived their lives through Burma. Burma is their country and they are
> > Burmese Citizen. Their property is Burma's property. They may look
> > chinese but have nothing to do with China. To deny their right is
> > unjustice and narrow minded. Thanks.
> > Soon
>
> I totally agree with Soon in describing the previous comments from others in
> this letter as bordering on racist ideology, perhaps coupled with tremendous
> naivete of the modern world.  I think that it is entirely wrong to say that some
> people are 100% Burmese and that they are different from the Chinese and Indian
> immigrants. Most of the immigrants came to Burma 3-4 generations ago and I am
> appalled to hear that they are foreigners and that they are out there just to
> make money unfairly.  This type of chauvinistic and racist thinking is
> responsible for much of the problems that Burma is facing today.  Look at the

Can't agree more on that.

> countries with progressive immigration laws such as the US;  anyone born in the
> US and all the naturalized US citizens enjoy 100% of the rights of citizenship
> and are not discriminated in any way.  Look how much immigrants have and are
> contributing to the US society.  If countries like Burma had more progressive
> and smart immigration laws as well as social thinking, they would be much more
> advanced and be able to enjoy the fruits of the immigrant's labors.

That's  one of the reasons why Burma is one of the poorest nations on earth.

> As far as I am concerned, every one born in Burma should be considered in total
> as a Burmese citizen.  Children born to Burmese citizens living abroad and
> spouses of Burmese citizens should also be given the choice of becoming Burmese
> citizens if they so choose.

It would take the officials million of light years
to figure out that simple fact. My mother told me that
one of our relatives was born there and stayed there ,until she left,
for more than 60 years without being able to get a citizenship.