LETTER TO BURMESE PRO-DEMO GROUPS I

Subject: LETTER TO BURMESE PRO-DEMO GROUPS IN AUSTRALIA(22/5/95)

/* Written 23 May 12:30pm by uneoo@ on igc:reg.burma */
/* ---------" Solidarity Info Letter "---------- */
[ Following letter is faxed to groups around Australia, as much as I
could manage. Further groups will also be informed via snail in coming
days. Hope we should hear more of their activities on the net. Regards]
******

48/2 Ayliffes Road
St Marys SA 5042
Australia
                                                        May 22, 1995.

       Dear Friend:

       RE: Information on your activity on Burma

       The Burmese Relief Centre in Japan is appealing to make a coordinated
       campaign by Burma pro-democracy groups world-wide to pressure the
       SLORC. In this connection, we - the Burmese Students in Adelaide -
       will meet on 27-May to mark the 5th anniversary of the election. We
       are considering to launch a petition campaign for the unconditional
       release of Aung San Suu Kyi and also calling for the U.N. Security
       Council to implement the cease-fire and political settlements in
       Burma. We will collect as much petitions as possible in forthcoming
       weeks and will continue to send to the representatives of the U.N.
       Security Council. The 19th June marks the 50th birth day of Daw Aung
       San Suu Kyi and 11th of July marks 6th anniversary of unlawful
       detantion for her.

       Normally, it has been the case that all pro-democracy groups in
       Australia do activities on their own initiatives on these dates.
       However, we will be much greatful if you inform us of your
       activities. We now have a network to announce your activities on
       Internet as a show of solidarity with all Burma pro-democracy groups
       world-wide.

       Thank you for your attention and we look forward to hear from you.

       In Solidarity
       (U NE OO)

       WA: TRW, HRB, CRDB, OBLF
       SA: BA(SA), ABSL