AUNG SAN SUU KYI MONTH, 19 JUNE -- (r)

Subject:       Re: AUNG SAN SUU KYI MONTH, 19 JUNE -- 20 JULY (fwd)

I think it should be noted that there are several local Burma action
groups around the country that are already planning events.

The Bay Area Burma Roundtable is planning three events:

1.  A series of demos outside Unocal gas stations
2.  A march through San Francisco distributing "Thank You" leaflets
outside companies that have withdrawn from Burma (Eddie Bauer,
Macy's, Liz Claiborne) and distributing protest leaflets outside
companies still in Burma (PepsiCo, Unocal, Texaco)
3.  An educational evening about Suu Kyi on July 20

Contact Jane Jerome, the Roundtable coordinator at
jjerome@xxxxxxxxxxx

The Massachusetts Campaign for a Free Burma is organizing an
educational evening about Suu Kyi on July 20 at the First Parich
Unitarian Universalist Church in Cambridge. Invited speakers include
US Rep. Joe Kennedy and State Rep. Byron Rushing. Fore details
contact Shalini Nataraj at snataraj@xxxxxxxxxxx

Events are also being organized in Washington DC through the National
Coalition Government of the Union of Burma (NCGUB), a democratic
government-in-exile. Call (202) 393 7342.

I am sure other groups around the country will broadcast their own
events shortly.

If you do not belong to a group, please feel free to contact me at
frdc@xxxxxxxxxxx or any of the people listed above for advice and
ideas.

Simon Billenness
Franklin Research & Development Corporation
(617) 423 6655 x225