I hate to say I've told you so---

 >Newsgroups: soc.culture.burma
 >Subject: STATEMENT REGARDING SLORC'S MILITARY ACTIVITIES IN KARENNI
 >Date: 28 Jun 1995 06:19:36

 >                        THE GOVERNMENT OF KARENNI

 >       Statement regarding SLORC's military activities in Karenni
 >      -----------------------------------------------------------
 >                   following the cease-fire agreement
 >                   -----------------------------------

Then - I commented :-

->From: tun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Coban Tun)
->Subject: Re: STATEMENT REGARDING SLORC'S MILITARY ACTIVITIES IN KARENNI
->Date: 28 Jun 1995 23:51:24 -0500

->When I talked with Karenni leader Mun Aunt Than Lay back in '93 in
->one of the refugee camp, he said they were attacked by SLORC on the way
->back from PEACE talk!

->So -- I wouldn't  trust those facist SLORC-dogs further than I can
->thow them.

->Ct

Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 08:33:29 +0700 (GMT+0700)
Cc: "Burma Support Group(Norway)" <tormodl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,

              Fighting between KNPP and the SLORC's troops

1. There was a meeting and discussion by the SLORC's general
Maung Aye and some KNPP (Karenni National Progressive Party)
leaders, party secretary U Raymond Htu, home minister U Shar Lal,
judicial minister U Byar Yel and army chief general Aung Myat on
June 21- 22.

Gen. Maung Aye demanded KNPP to halt illegal logging concession
and to set up a joint office in border area.

One of the main principles of cease fire agreement is that the
SLORC's troops not to across at the eastern bank of Sanlawin
river had been promised by general Khin Nyunt.

2. During these days, in Loikaw, state city of Kayah and around
there, many Karenni people were collected as porters by the
SLORC's troops.

3. The meeting was shattered in June 23, and 3,000 SLORC's troops
came into that area in three different columns.

4. One column marched to the place called Khon Yon (a) Cok Cok.

5. Second column arrived at five miles before Htar Na Khwe.

6. The last column arrived at the place 4 hours walking from May
Yu and 6 hour walking from ABSDF camp.

7. It is very clear that the SLORC's troops will continue to
march.

8. KNPP's HQs has already ordered their guerrillas to fight back,
and ABSDF also prepared to fight.

9. On June 28, fightings were started between KNPP and the
SLORC's troops.

10. The local people are running escape from fighting.

Source from
Dr. San Aung (NCGUB)
10:30 pm, June 29, 1995.