B.I.G. REPORT ON HUMAN RIGHTS

/* Written 6 July 11:30am 1995 by uneoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in  igc:reg.burma */
/* -------------" B.I.G. report on Human Rights "-------------- */

I received a document from Burma Information Group written in
Burmese "Dr Aung Khin's discussion on Human Rights". The materials
are a collection of discussion on Human Rights by Dr Aung Khin in
1993, broadcasted through BBC Burmese Service.

I found these materials very interesting and would serve as an
excellent introduction to Burmese populace about human rights in
general. Not only it is written in Burmese, the display of the
book as well as presentation are found to be excellent. We congratulate
those who organized the book, and commend their efforts in that
work, and especially to Dr Aung Khin.

The discussions cover international convenants on human rights,
SLORC and United Nations (human rights mechanism), human rights and
religious beliefs and about human rights organizations.

The address given by organizers are:

Burma Information Group
P.O. Box 14154 Silver Spring
MD 20911 U.S.A.