Repetition - Reply

Pattama Chutimant <pattama@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Dear list-users.
>
>Lately there has been a steady repetition of messages. For instance has
>several persons/organizations send the latest AI report out.
>
>This numerous duplications do flood the list and makes it much more
>difficult to come through the list and keep a clear overview.
>
>Please check the list before you retransmit a message. Thanks !!!
>
>M. Smith

I agree that multiple postings are a pain; however, I know that there are times when I post an
AP or Reuters story, and then by the time it hits the list and gets back to me, someone else's
copy of the story has already been posted.  With the variability of the timing on Internet mail, I
think we need to take it on faith that people will try not to duplicate postings, but keep
patience when it happens.

Barton Shulman
bas1+adarmok%cooperwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx
bshulman@xxxxxxxxxxx