ABSDF Proposal to Royal Norwegian G

Subject: ABSDF Proposal to Royal Norwegian Government

His Excellency Prime Minister
Royal Norwegian Government,

                                                    Date: 18th July, 1988

Proposal to the Norwegian government and Nobel Prize Selecting
Committee.

Warm greetings from the All Burma Students' Democratic Front.

We would like to express our deep thanks for the efforts of the
government and people of Norway for the restoration of democracy
and justice in Burma.

We received the information that the Norwegian government has
invited Daw Aung San Suu Kyi as an honorable guest to Norway to
receive the Nobel Peace Prize of 1991. We warmly welcome this
initiative however we would like to urge the Committee to go to
Rangoon and offer the prize to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi inside Burma.

There are a number of serious reasons for this suggestion.

1. There is great concern for permission for re-entry of Daw Aung
San Suu Kyi to Burma if she were to go abroad, that was the
Slorc's wanted condition a long time ago;

2. It would be a way of showing the efforts of the international
community for democratization in Burma to the people of Burma who
are living in an imposed isolation;

3. It would be a way of showing international support for Daw
Aung San Suu Kyi;

4. It would be a way to challenge the Slorc to show its real
commitment to democracy and to recognize the importance of the
award to Aung San Suu Kyi.

We believe that the people of Burma will be proud to have that
ceremony in Burma and we would like to encourage other countries
and institutions to offer their awards and degrees inside Burma.

Sincerely yours,

Moe Thee Zun
Chairman
Central Leading Committee
All Burma Students' Democratic Front
Headquarters
e,mail: lurie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mailing: P.O Box 42, Hua Mark P.O, Bangkok 10243, Thialand