August 8 and September 18

Dear Friends of Burma Worldwide:

I would like to use this mailing list to discuss and share
information about actions that people can take on August 8 and
September.

August 8 is the anniversary of the 8/8/88 crackdown on pro-democracy
demonstrators. September 18 the anniversary of the SLORC's
declaration of martial law.

Both days would be excellent to demonstrate against companies that
support the SLORC by doing business in Burma.

If people would like to receive boycott action packets, contact:

PepsiCo Boycott Packet
Terry Cottam
Canadian Friends of Burma, Suite 206, 145 Spruce Street, Ottawa,
Canada, K1R 6P1
(613) 237 8056
(613) 563 0017 fax
cfob@xxxxxxxxxxx

Unocal and Texaco Boycott Information
Dave Wolfberg
c/o Tamar Hurwitz, Rainforest Action Network-LA, 1431 Ocean Avenue,
Suite 500, Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 458 2068
(310) 458 7348 fax
ranla@xxxxxxxxxxx

Also, contact Larry Dohrs of the Seattle Campaign for a Free Burma
for hands-on suggestions on how to organize a succesful demonstration
(206) 784 5742
(206) 784 8150 fax
lsdohrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Simon Billenness
Franklin Research & Development Corp.
(617) 292 8026 x225
(617) 482 6179 fax