Statement on the Release of Daw Aun

Subject: Statement on the Release of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi

1.We,PPF,cordially welcome the immediate release of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi,
the public leader of Burma,from house arrest on July 10th,1995.

2.We believe and expect that Daw Aung San Suu Kyi can settle down all
current problem in Burma. We all support the dialogue process introduced by
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi for National Reconciliation and Development of genuine
Democracy and Peace.

3.Slorc did the release of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi so as to lessen
international pressure,to get more financial support and investment from
international countries and organizations and to prevent potential public
unrest inside Burma. We still doubt sincerity of Slorc's moves as real
respect to the public will.

4.Until now, Slorc is still controlling the state power and has never
cancelled out yet the unjust law and order which are hindering democratic
movement,including the Unlawful Association act and Printing and Publishing
act.So we are extremely concerned that,due to this political situation,
there may occur some dangerous obsticles in the development of Dialogue
process.

5.Therefore,internal and external democratic forces as well as the
international pressure groups should move cautiously against any response
of Slorc.

6.If Slorc sincerely wish the development of national reconciliation,
genuine internal peace and democracy in Burma,we,PPF,urge Slorc to
implement the following initiatives immediately;

   (1)To unconditionally and immediately release all political prisioners
and detained student leaders including Min Ko Naing

   (2)To abolish the unjust laws and orders which are blocking democratic
movements

   (3)To dissolve the National Convention which stands against the public
will

   (4)To hand over the State Power  to the "Civilian Interim Government",
which comprise of opposition political leaders supported and trusted by the
people of Burma.

Central Organizing Committee
PEOPLE PROGRESSIVE FRONT
19thJuly,1995.