A message fro Aung San Suu Kyi.

A MESSAGE FROM DAW AUNG SAN SUU KYI

To all my supporters all over the world, all those who have helped us,
who have stood by us, I would like to say thank you. Thank you very much.

I always say that the road we have to walk - not only is not smooth. it
is not even there. We have got to build it was we go along. So it is a
very difficult task. We build up the road and then we can walk on it. Or
rather, we are building up the road, so that the people can walk on it in
peace and that is not an easy task.

And we are just at begining.

One of the things that I am afraid of is that people will think we are
home and dry. We are there  - or we are half-way there- so that we don't
have to work that hard any more. NO

Now is the time for hard work.

And I would like to ask all those who have been so supportive to remain
supportive, to become more supportive.

Rangoon, July 13, 1995.