Burma Issues Newsletter August (r)

>It would be good if we could inform Mr Lord of international support
>for sanctions, does anyone have his e-mail address or fax no.?
>
>Blair
>
>University of Auckland Library
>Information Services

Winston Lord is with the State Department, and you should be able to get
his address or number from the US embassy in New Zealand.

Or you should try to contact the US senate offices the addresses of which
I'm including in this email.

But please keep in mind that the Senate crowd prefers written letters to
faxes or email.  There isn't a need for rush to support McConnel or
persuade Winston Lord now as it'll take quite some time for the whole
sanction campaign to materialize.  You might want to refer to the Bill as
*S1092*.  That's the assigned number for the McConnel Bill, which in fact
was introduced officially on July 28, 1995.

What follows is the address info RE: US senate.

  At the end of this message you will find a listing of those U.S. Senate
  offices which have published Internet addresses on the Senate's
  information server.  If you wish to inquire about any other Senate
  office's use of electronic mail, you MUST place your inquiry directly
  with the office in question. You can direct correspondence to your
  Senator or to other U.S. Senate offices at the following address:

  For Member inquiries:

  Office of Senator (Name)
  United States Senate
  Washington, D.C. 20510

  For Committee inquiries:

  (Name of Committee)
  United States Senate
  Washington, D.C. 20510

  Alternatively, you may phone the United States Capitol switchboard at
  (202) 224-3121.  A switchboard operator will connect you directly with
  the Senate office you wish to speak with.

  OTHER SENATE E-MAIL ADDRESSES LISTED ON THE SENATE INTERNET SERVER

  Democratic Policy Committee
    automated information server   info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   Subject = "Help"
    comments and questions         postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Republican Policy Committee      nickles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx