NORTHWESTERN QUITS BURMA TOUR

NORTHWESTERN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION WITHDRAWS TOUR PLAN
Just a quick update, press release to follow in a day or two:
The Executive Director of Northwestern's Alumni Association has
announced that Northwestern will no longer sponsor "The Road To
Mandalay" tour.  This is the first known cancellation of "The Road To
Mandalay", the same tour sponsored by USC and Yale alumni
associations.  "The Road To Mandalay" will bring tourists to many
forced labor sites, but not if we can help it!  If you know of a
university tour program to Burma, please notify me at:
David Wolfberg
Los Angeles Campaign for a Free Burma
freebrma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank the folks in Chicago and at Northwestern for their hard work!

-- David