Tozzi's respons

	To Tozzi,
	Your response to Ms O'Shannassy's letter draws my attention and
this is why I am writing this response. Your judgement on the emotional
response of Ms O'Shannassy is an over-reaction with your emotion. I
found Ms. O'Shannassy's letter to be full of emotion but I found your
response was full of hatred. I can understand why Ms. O'Shannassy was so
emotional because she cares about her fellow human beings. But I cannot
understand why you responsed with hatred to your fellow human being. Your
comparision of Ms. O'Shannassy with Nazis is inappropriate and totally
unnessary. Nazi's action was based on the emotion of hatred towards Jews
and to build up their own power. Ms. O'Shannassy's emotion is based on
the emotion of love to people of Burma and to support the restoration of
people's power and democracy in Burma. Your comparision failed to look
at the motivating force to act emotionally. Thousands of people were killed
by the Slorc regime and thousands of people have been forced to leave
their country, how can you expect people not to have emotion. Perhaps you
acted in this careless way just because you do not care about suffering
of other human beings as you said "I joined Burmanet not so much because
I am troubled by the current state of affairs in Burma...". Moreover I
think you should not underestimate the place of emotion in a revolution.
Emotion with love to people of one country which is not harmful to other
is the power to keep people going for justice. Just because you are a
detatched observer, it does not mean that other people should not feel
emotionally for the suffering of their fellow human beings.
Moreover, you said responses should be with some form of dignityy but you
did not respond to Ms. O'Shannassy with dignity by comparing her with
Nazis. I don't think you follow your belief. I strongly believe that you
need to look at yourself first if you are going to continue to personally
attack other people.
Moe Myint
Burmese Student (Melbourne)