Enquiry - Floods in Burma (r)

Dear Dr. Gary Watson:

Although I graduated M.Sc. Physics from  Rangoon University, I admit I knew
almost nothing about the Government's meteorological Dept at the time.  I
am certain, however, that  this dept. was one of the most underfunded ones
under the military regime.  But, we had three well acknoledged Physicists
in Burma who run the weather department effectively: U Thila, Dr. Ba Hli,
and U Htay Aung. All these gentlemen served as the Director General of  the
Weather Dept in Rangoon.

We will try find more about the potential contacts to help you.

Yours sincerely,

Dr. K. Tint, BSc, MSc Physics (Rangoon Univ.) Ph. D. Electronic Engineering
(Nagoya Univ.)
ISBDA

FYI: Dr. Maung Maung Kha who was Rector of  Rangoon University is one
earliest meteorological physicist in Burma. He was never appreciated by the
military government because the students loved and respected him too much
during his days.