Translated letter of 23 senior poli

Subject: Translated letter of 23 senior politicians from inside Burma

                                  ABSDF
                  ALL BURMA STUDENTS' DEMOCRATIC FRONT

All the readers on the net,

We received this request letter, which was written in Burmese
text and undersigned by 23 senior politicians, from inside Burma.
I hereby enclosed with the direct translation from Burmese text
to English. And it is our responsibility if there are any
mistranslation in the Burmese to English translation.

Foreign Affairs
ABSDF (88 camps)

Date: December 29, 1995

    A Request to Slorc and NLD led by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi to open a
                dialogue for the national reconciliation

1. We, the undersigned veteran politicians who had contributed in
the successive stages of the struggle for Burma independence,
hereby jointly  request the Slorc and the NLD led by Daw Aung San
Suu kyi, with sincerity and goodwill, to hold a dialogue for the
sake of the people and the country.

2. We believe that Burma gained her independence because people
of Burma, monks, political parties and Tatmadaw collectively had
endeavored their best, with solidarity and cooperation, in the
period of the independence struggle. Not only to safeguard her
independence but also to construct a peaceful, democratic and
developed country, all the people of Burma must attempt with
solidarity for the cause.

3. The present day is the most relevant time for establishing
national solidarity in Burma.

4. In order to establish the national solidarity, the first
requirement that we should implement is national reconciliation.
In the present world history, there are many numerous examples of
solving longstanding national and regional conflicts through
negotiation.

5. We sincerely believe that the only way to achieve "National
reconciliation," the first ever most inspiration of entire people
of Burma in accordance with the current situation in Burma and
international community as well, is dialogue between the Slorc
and the NLD led by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi. Therefore we would like
to request the Slorc and the NLD led by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi to
immediately hold the dialogue.

Signed by:

1. Bo Hmu Aung                17. Bo Sein Aung Lin
2. Tha Khin Chit              18. U Ba Tun
3. Tha Khin Thein pe          19. Dr. Maung Maung Kyaw
4. Bo Aung Naing              20. U Ye Myint
5. Bo Thar Htun               21. U Thar Ban
6. Bo Tin Hla Oo              22. U Myint Aye
7. U Aung Myint               23. Bo Nyo
8. U Nyunt Thein
9. Nai Ngwe Thein
10. U Min Lwin
11. U Tin Tun