US Alumni Associations kowtow Slor

Subject: US Alumni Associations kowtow  Slorc thugs while an international delegation of parliamentarians defy Slorc's intimidation

 Dear BurmaNetters,

Please re-post in other listserv or distribute in all available
reproduction forms.

Thank you.

The alumni associations (and their administrators) from such well-renown
schools as the University of Michigan and Stanford  have kowtowed Slorc
thugs.

Linds L. Ralns, manager of U. M. ALumni Travel Program, wrote a letter
dated December 1995 to T. C. Swartz of TCS Expeditions,  a Seattle-based
travel agency in response to  the rumors that the Michigan alumni group
will present an award to Myanmareseeeese leader Daw Aung San Suu Kyi during
their planned trip to Myanmarrrrrrrr.

Here is the text:

"Dear T.C.:

As spokeperson for the Alumni Association of the University of Michigan's
travel program, I wish to make it clear that we have made no arrangements
to formally present an award to Aung San Suu Kyi. I sincerely hope that our
contigent of alumni will be able to enjoy a visit to Myanmar as part of the
February 16-march 10, 1996 Around-the-World travel program. . . "

For further information contact:

The alumni Association of The University of Michigan, ALumni Center/200
Fletcher Street/Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 Alumni Travel Program (373)
765-9735

Likewise, Duncan Beardsley, Director of Stanford Alumni Travel/Study