Burma's constitution meeting takes (r)

Subject: Re: Burma's constitution meeting takes a break

You raise some valid points about the spirit of open debate in a democracy.
You may be right about the boiled babies.  I have never heard, nor asserted,
that SLORC eats boiled babies.  I do recall reading a human rights report
awhile back, though, about how some officers eat the hearts of their enemies.

I would suggest you write to "Burma Debate", a publication which (in the spirit
of good debate) regularly features a variety of alternate views about the
future of Burma and how to best go about improving the conditions of the people
there.

I, for one, admit that I have not seen enough of the "pros" of a
SLORC-controlled Burma to provide journalistic balance to the landslide of
"cons" one may be exposed to via BurmaNet.  But while BurmaNet is a compendium
of reports by such anti-SLORC "sources" as the National League for Democracy,
the United Nations General Special Rapporteur to Burma, and the United States
Congress, BurmaNet also provides a daily roundup of news reports on Burma,
typed verbatim, from balanced reporters like yourself.

In this regard, I think Burmanet provides a valuable service to all of us.  For
me, I will probably continue to pursue corporate withdrawal because my views of
SLORC have already been somewhat affected by the people I work with whose
torture scars tell their own story.  I cannot diffuse their anti-SLORC passion;
nor do I wish to.

Sincerely,

David Wolfberg
Los Angeles Campaign for a Free Burma