Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 19:26:20 -0800
To: Tun Myint <tmyint@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT REQUEST

Dear Mr. Tun Myint,

Thank you for your kind comments on my poem (actually a song) "In The
Quiet Land". It is one of several I have written about the people of
Burma and Daw Aung San Suu Kyi. I plan to post the others soon.

And earlier song, produced in 1991, entitled "Free Aung San Suu Kyi"
was given some air play on the VOA and was copied and distributed
freely in a number of places.

As with that song, my hope is that everyone will feel free to use all
the material I have written about the quiet land in any way which might
aid the people of Burma in their struggle for democracy and human
rights. To that end, make whatever use you judge helpful of this
poem/song and all others that follow.

Again, thank you for your interest and encouraging response.

Wrightson Tongue

Wrightson Tongue
wtongue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx