senate sanctions bill

a few questions:

1) this bill is absolutely amazing and asks for almost everything
tangible that we are asking for. So, why aren't we focusing on it more?
We could make a huge impact by organizing massive outreach sessions,
targeting specific congrespeople etc...

2) Does anyone know what would happen re. GATT if this law passed?
Couldn't Texaco, for example, use its foreign subsidaries (or even its US
one) to sue the US for trade infringement?

3) What Congressmen and women are specifically opposed to the bill?
peace, nick

Nick Thompson       Stanford SEAC
(415) 723-3307      (415) 725-7339 (fax)
nickt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     seac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx