Burmese in the US? (fwd)

Earlier today I wrote:

Greetings everyone.  Sorry to once again write with a question, but if
knowledge is indeed power, then hopefully you'll allow me the opportunity
to advance the cause of solidarity with more shared power...

I would like to get a picture of who the Burmese expat and immigrant
community in the US are.  About how many Burmese (and members of other
groups such as Karen, Mon, etc) are there in the US?  Where do they (you)
live (i.e. are there concentrations in specific areas of the US)?  How
many of them (you) are students?  And finally, where do they (you) stand
politically -- could you categorize the expat/immigrant community in
terms of pro-SLORC or pro-democracy stance, and if so, what kinds of
percentages of the total community would fall into either group?

Any ideas (web sites, organizations, etc) about where I could get more
information on this?

Peace, and thanks,

Lisa

I would like to add a couple of things.

I think that I need to make my motives clear in asking these questions.
I am working on a paper for one of my classes about VOA programming to
Burma and the accusations of bias made late last year.  My professor has
made it clear to me that in analyzing the influences on VOA programming,
I need to look at possible influences on VOA by the Burmese expat
community here in the US, if any.  That is why I ask about the number of
Burmese here, and about pro-SLORC influences.

I did not mean to cause offense, and apologize if I did so.  When I spoke
of power, I did not mean to suggest that we should empower the Burmese
Intelligence.

Regards,

Lisa