SECURITY ZONES AND RESOLUTION 688 ( (r)

Subject: Re: SECURITY ZONES AND RESOLUTION 688 (REPOST)

Dear Dr. U Ne Oo, Khin-Byar:

If you would take my flak with broad shoulders and consider yourself as
responsible on what you post, please answer my questions. First, it is
enough if you post once in Burmanet unless otherwise recipients request
you to post it again or twice.  I and am sure other recipients don't
certainly have time to view all your long postings, although interesting,
but twisting most of the facts with wishy-washy analysis of your own.

It is understandable that many replies you receive due to your initiative
communications to whatever officials and responsible person are just to
show their normal professional manners. But you might show those to some
recipients in the net to boast with pomposity.

Here are some of my questions that follow your analysis:

=> On March 3, 1996 15:29:58, Dr U Ne Oo <uneoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
reposted his comment on Burmese Refugees as follow:

>DISCUSSIONS ON THE INTERNET (31/7/95)

/* ------------------" Security Zones and Resolution 688 "------------------- */
>In regards to the policy of Royal Thai Government on Burmese refugees,
>present humanitarian stand and care for refugees, on an overall picture,
>must considered to be acceptable.

Yes, Thai government, in some degree, is tolerant toward Burmese refugees.
But there are many causalities that are caused by Thai police and Thai
policies toward many refugees.  These may be comparable when we look at
the outer layer of some Burmese refugees' activities, who claim to be
students and destroy student's image by consuming drug, alcohol and
assaulting Thai citizens in public.  I speak it from my experience that
those who pretend as students and destroy students' image are special
trained SLORC's informers and spies or associated with some sort of that
skeptical conditions.  Sometimes, even Thai police openly let it happen
and do not arrest them but the police arrest to those students who are in
their list as activists but who just live in apartments in Bangkok with
anxieties.

>We must continue to humbly request temporary protection for all Burmese
>on Thai soil, in order to be able to make a proper and organized
>repatriations.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

U Ne Oo, would you go back to Burma under current circumstance if "proper
organized repatriations" are arranged by SLORC and Thai government?  If
you would, I mean it, I will have another fund raising concert and ask
donation for refugee repatriation for you and your family.

>To speak of the truth, Burmese political conflicts including armed
>insurgency, and that of refugee crisis are not comparable to the level of
>violence - and that of media attention - occured in the world's troubled
>places: Bosnia, Iraq, Somalia, Rwanda etc.

Dr. U Ne Oo, are there any differences between activities practiced by
SLORS's troops such as RAPING women, KILLING people who held different
beliefs, PORTERING unarmed people to walk as mine-sweepers, and FORCING
people to work as slave labor and those of counter activities occurred in
Bosnia, Iraq, Somalia, etc?  Are you just defending SLORC's activities and
claiming what SLORC has done against Burmese people is not that bad
compare to those of your examples?  Please clear up my confusion on
your comment.

>However, it will be quite unfair - and inhumane - to suggest such
>violence are needed to receive the attention of the Security Council. On
>the otherhand, that is what exactly we try to prevent throughout the
>crisis - the escalation of conflict into a more violent mode. We just
>hope that the UN Secretary-General understand our intention and use his
                                               ~~~
>office to take measure to resolve the problems. >U Ne Oo] ----------

Dr U Ne Oo, please clarify to whom the above underlined possessive pronoun
"our"  represent. Of refugees? Of Your family and relatives? Or Of SLORC?
OR If you are generally referring to all of those Burmese political
refugees in Australia, I would like to hear their view and opinions.

Regards,

Tun Myint