poems

here are some poems i constructed after attending the bangkok NGO Forum
and smoking a lot of PCP.
                      THE PRE-ASEM NGO CONFERENCE TRILOGY

               (BANGKOK, THAILAND - FEB 27,28,29 - YEAR 30 S.K.)

                       *AN*ODE*TO*THUNDER*WIND*AND*RAIN*

                         (nung pi hok deuan ma layo!)

    the thai people are smiling (their pain don't show through),
    their minds are so empty, their hearts are so blue...[NOTE 1]
    is it patience or indifference that allows them to be
    the essence of indolence, the foundation of free? [NOTE 2]

    and i'm the white monkey who swings from the bars [NOTE 3]
    that trap us in cities, away from the stars;
    we eat the pollution that comes from the cars,
    but it never can kill us-- this planet is ours!

    yes, it's ours, babes, i tell you-- break your chains and run free!
    dive into the ocean, or swing from a tree--
    yeah, shit in the forest and piss in the field, [NOTE 4]
    don't smoke Phillip Morris, don't buckle, don't yield...

    let the rose petals open in your blossoming mind,
    let Her warm lips caress you, let Him come from behind,
    let a million sky-rockets explode in the night,
    let Hell enter Heaven, let turtles take flight!

    and after it's over, why, clean up the big mess...
    well, isn't that what you wanted, you little goddess?

                         *MYSS*AGE*FROM*THEM*ESS*I*AH*

                             (to my buffalo gals)

    the water from your canal splashes into my face -- it's no treat!
    it once was so pure, like a clean mountain lake,
    now it's a sewer -- stinking, opaque,
    and filled with the run-off of factory and street...
    why, there's a dead cat!
    no sign of the Rat,
    or even the Dog,
    that used to inhabit this place.

    so i'm late for my date with a goddess called fate
    who lives far beyond all my lust and my hate,
    yeah, who lives in that towering olympian height
    where earth pokes her head into the starry black night...

    and she's got a sweet kitty, so warm and so rich, [NOTE 5]
    if only i could get a little money from the bitch...
    ouch! the Boat Captain slaps me --  better watch what i say! [NOTE 6]
    now what should i do? should i cry? should i pray?

    i wish i were happy, i wish i were free,
    like an angel in paradise, like a Bird in a Tree,
    but i'm left here to shout, to suffer and to pace,
    'till heaven sees fit to grant my parole,
    to let me melt down, let me rock, let me roll,
    let me live in that ocean of deep endless space... [NOTE 7]

    oh, the music is blaring, can't hear myself think --
    guess it's better that way, guess i'll go have a drink...
    well, see you tomorrow, on that glorious day
    when earth kisses heaven and allows him his way
    with all of the creatures that roam on her face
    which includes -- i just love it -- the whole Human Race!

    i'm here to inspire, and not to control you,
    but if you don't take it, i'll just have to flagpole you!
    hey, well, see you again on some lucky day...
    be it heaven or hell -- i'll be coming your way. [NOTE 8]

                             *SAVE*YOUR*SONG*BOYS*

    (with Apollo -- jeez! -- to see Roy Sven Galley beg her, 1913 to ????)
                                                             [NOTE 9]

    You Lords are my Masters, so i won't complain
    when You make me lie down in the cold winter rain,
    when You beat me and scold me and cause me such pain
    that a simple misstep can just drive me insane.

    i'm now bound to serve You (i'm glad, and it's true)
    to lift You right out of the red and the blue,
    out of that fire and out of that ice,
    into a place that is ever so nice,
    that's teeming with fishes and flowers and fruits,
    with birds and good wishes and sweet-smelling she-roots.

    so just lay down Your burdens, Your hopes, and Your fears...
    just let Your minds open Your eyes and Your ears,
    and let Your hearts beat to a crystal-clear chime
    that rings out of space and sings out of time
    all Your cares and your worries, all Your curses and scams,
    and washes Your blood in the milk of the lambs.

    now just take a puff, a powder, or a pill, [NOTE 10]
    a swig or a snort, or a hike up the hill,
    or a glorious swim in the pure salty sea...
    whatever it takes
    to mend Your heartbreaks
    i'm happy to provide, provided you see
    that there's really no difference between You and She...

    and together You'll learn to be good, to be true,
    and know that love and uprightness were just meant to be
    your strength, your beauty, and your power to do
    anything you ever wanted, and then to come home to me. [NOTE 11]

    NOTES:

    1- Blue (cool) heart comes from the thai "jai yen" and loosely
    translated means `take it easy' (that's cool, not cold, as in "SLORC").

    2- I'd like to add here that the USA, so-called `land of the free', has
    more of it's population locked down (per capita) than any other of the
    so-called `nation-states' of the Industrial Age; and that the majority
    of those wasting their lives in prison there are guilty of using or
    providing chemicals to people who want to ease the pain of a totally
    ridiculous existence of generating `wealth' for idiots with guns and
    money (c.f. my earlier posting, `local news from Bangkok') who smoke
    tobacco (nicotine) and drink whiskey and beer (ethyl alcohol).

    3- `White' is a euphemism for caucasian; as for `monkey', the human
    species has been found to be most closely related to the chimpanzees
    (from a zoological perspective).

    4- This is a form of organic gardening, isn't it?

    5- I found it interesting that `pussy' connotes sex, while `kitty'
    connotes money.

    6- This is instantaneous karmic payback, reserved for those beings who
    are already fully enlightened.

    7- c.f. The last scene in Stanley Kubrick's cinematic interpretation of
    the novel `2001'.

    8- I plan to be in the land called Israel in the year 2000 anno domini
    (that's 34th year Siva Kalpa, for the cognescetti amongst you).

    9- More information can be had from Ms. Charlotte Partridge Wallace,
    c/o Foundation of Revelation, 59 Scott Street, San Francisco, Calif.

    10- For a further discussion of drugs, please go to <hyperreal.com>.

    11- There are many teachers, gurus, masters, et cetera, on the planet
    today. Take your choice, and have a ball!