Re Senator Feingold (D-Wisconsin) :

Subject: Re: Re Senator Feingold (D-Wisconsin) : Money, uh, & arms

zni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Here is the letter from Senator Russell D. Feingold (D-Wisconsin).(you would hope to get support from a Wisc. Democrat, at least! at least he
 sits on the Committee on Foreign Relations!!
> re "the most effective sanction against the SLORC appears to be
the blockage of aid to Burma from multilateral financial agencies such as
the World Bank, the IMF, and the Asian Development Bank."

Exactly. The bottom line. Money talks. Money or guns. Slorc has the guns
and needs the money. Lets hope and work towards underlining "the
multilateral financial agencies such at the World Bank, the IMF, and the
Asian Development Bank".

Thank you FBC in Wisconsin. There is light at the end of the tunnel...The
international funding institutions, backed by sincere human rights
concerns, has more power than all the guns in Burma. (But the freedom
fighters in the field still need more arms!)

re /
Journalist Aung Zaw talked to a Karen National Progressive Party [KNPP]
leader after the loss at of Rambo Hill 2, their last mountain stornghold.
Aung Zaw :  So you are saying that the opposition in Burma should be
armed?
KNPP fighter : Yes. We will win if we have arms.
Of course it was a defeat, but we will never surrender,"said Abel Tweed,
foreign minister for the Karenni
 independence movement. "We will turn to guerrilla tactics. Slorc will
never win this war."