israel and burma (r)

> From: simon_billenness@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Simon Billenness)
[snip]

> I am likewise deeply embarrassed by the behavior of the British government
> towards Burma. (The British ambassador to Burma holds trade shows for
> British companies in Rangoon.)

As an owner of a British passport, I share in your embarrasment.  Given
that many of Burma's problems can be traced back to Britain, I believe
the British govt in particular has an obligation to help clean up its mess.

> If it comforts you, I do not believe that any Arab government or company has
> ever lifted a finger for the Burmese people. However, I would be happy to be
> proved wrong on this point.

I believe that the Saudi govt, among others, did provide some support to the
Rohingya refugees at one point, although sustained support even for Burmese
Moslems has been lacking.

--
Reid Cooper