BBC MisInformed on Democratic Radio (r)

Subject: Re: BBC MisInformed on Democratic Radio

	Hey, DVB chaps, don't blow a fuse!

	I'm quite sure the two items about DVB were not broadcast by the BBC, but
just appeared in its printed monitoring report, which was transcribing a piece
from Radio Netherlands' programme on world media.  This is clear from the
original BurmaNet item, "BBC: SLORC Jamming VOA Again", which was distributed on
26th March.  The two cut-down versions of this item which appeared in BurmaNet
News on 27th perhaps did not make clear that "BBC" was shorthand for the
monitoring report.

	As it happens, the monitoring report carries quotes from just about every
station EXCEPT the BBC - including Iraq, North Korea and Rangoon.

	I was very interested to read your clarification, however, and - though I
am not now connected with the BBC myself - I imagine they will be interested too
when they see it.  I am sure nobody really thought you were "under the control
of the SLORC"!

	With best wishes,

	Derek Brooke-Wavell