S.H.A.N : EX-MTA SOLDIERS RAVAGE KH

Subject: S.H.A.N : EX-MTA SOLDIERS RAVAGE KHUN SA's FORMER RESIDENCE AT HIN TEK

S.H.A.N : EX-MTA SOLDIERS RAVAGE KHUN SA' FORMER RESIDENCE AT HIN TEK
April 16, 1996

After the surrender of Khun Sa's MTA to SLORC, some ex-MTA soldiers in the areas
of Loi Lam, Par Ko, Ho Me Kham ( in Murng Sard and Tachilek townships ), who
have been neglected and let loose like pariah dogs, are now roaming the area of
Mae Maw, Hin Taek and Hui Pherng.

In the past months or so, there have more than 20 occurrences of theft and house
break ins in the area, including into Khun Sa's former residence, which people
have turned into a " Khun Sa museum " in order to make it one of the tourist
attractions. Pictures and furniture in bedrooms, living rooms and work rooms
that previously belonged to Khun Sa were vandalized by some ex-MTA who had
broken down the doors and entered during the night.

While in the process of vandalizing the house, the soldiers are said to have
cursed Khun Sa, saying
" He said he would lead us to take our country, but now he has fled for his own
well-being. We have been deserted and neglected. Khun Sa's name was once like
sun and the moon, but now everything must be destroyed and burned down ! ".
There were only about 7-8 of them, and the man in charge of the place dared not
interfere.
*****