Asia Times Critique of BurmaNet -Re

Subject:  Re: Asia Times Critique of BurmaNet -Reply

Dear BurmaNet readers,
This scandle-rag treachery confirms the need to find out who really is
"S. Brookes" is, unmask this rat, and trace where he comes from -not
that  he's worth much but people will believe anything, and he has done
enough  harm already.  He appears to be a hired gun, and ready not to
stop at  any smear campaign he can get paid to hack; any press people
who know  press people please track this rat down, who he worked for,
where he  comes from, and what business he has in boosting the Slorc
junta. This  cad really bends low! Please send any information. From
track record, and some  six months with Asia Times. He's certainly
starting at the bottom and  working his way into the gutter, or bribe
money. Let it be said, this  kind of work is repeated by tourist agents paid
to travel and  "beautify" wretched regimes. Tools for the trade.
Dawn Star, Paris

re post by Strider:  > It has come to our attention that the Asia Times
published an editorial
> attacking BurmaNet or the subscribers of reg.burma who wrote
> unflattering things about Asia Times coverage of Burma.
>  > The editorial appeared on May 6, 1996, and on the same day there
was a
> letter from Stephen Brookes, the reporter who wrote that Aung San
Suu
> Kyi had been sidelined.  Apparently, he also denounced BurmaNet.
>  > We haven't seen the articles yet - we only heard about them.  If
anyone
> has access to them, could they please post the 2 articles.
>  > Thank you.
>  > BurmanNet Editor

could we please have a little less of this type of commentary?  Be adults.