New & Special NLD Videos (5/11 Upda

Subject: New & Special NLD Videos (5/11 Update)

N E W   N L D   V I D E O   I N F O S   A V A I L A B L E

                                        Released by ISBDA on May 11, 1996

Dear Friends:
        Information Service on Burmese Democracy Affairs would like to announce
that we have received new NLD videos documentaries for distribution. Since audio
sound tracks of some tapes obtained are not clear, ISBDA has applied the
technique of Simulated Stereo Sound Effect to produce pretty good quality copies
for you.
After request of the non-Burmese speaking friends, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi has
allocated a few minutes to summarize her forum speeches in English. We will make
sure (English Summary) labels to be included in the descriptions for these
tapes.

Please find the Ordering Information after the  list of all available video
tapes.

Kyaw Tint
ISBDA
====================================
_NEWLY ARRIVED SPECIAL SERIES_

Volume # S-12 (New Arrival)   < A L L   I N   E N G L I S H >

"NLD Press Conference regarding Withdrawal from the SLORC Sponsored National
Convention"
This 38 minutes record is fully in ENGLISH. Daw Aung San Suu Kyi appeared at the
conference room of NLD office to explain to foreign journalists about the
party's decision to withdraw from the fake convention.
Recording Date: November 22, 1995.

Volume # S-11 (New Arrival)
"Fascist Resistance Day Part II"

[The celebration was opened by keynote speech of U Kyi Maung, vice Chairperson
of the NLD.
Bo Mhu Aung (1910- ), member of the 30 Comrades, was the first invited speaker.
He accounted his involvement in arranging first rendezvous of General Aung San
and the Allied forces during early stage of fascist resistance movement in
Burma.
The following speakers were U Maung Maung Gyi, and U Tin U, who were in the
Burma's army formed under Japanese administration.
>From the supporting role of ordinary citizens, well-known writers U Khin Maung
Latt (1915 - ) and Daw Khin Myo Chit (1915 - ) accounted their experiences
during the nation's Independence struggle.] In this part U Khin Maung Latt
finished his talk and Daw Khin Myo Chit told about her adventurous works to help
the resistance movement.
U Kyi Maung made concluding remarks before the end of lecture program.
Recording Date: March 27, 1996.

Volume # S-10 (New Arrival)
"Fascist Resistance Day Part I"

The celebration was opened by keynote speech of U Kyi Maung, vice-Chairperson of
the NLD.
Bo Mhu Aung (1910- ), member of 30 Comrades, was the first invited speaker. He
accounted his involvement in arranging first rendezvous of General Aung San and
the Allied forces during early stage of fascist resistance movement of Burma.
The following speakers were U Maung Maung Gyi, and U Tin U, who were in the
Burma's army formed under Japanese administration.
>From the supporting role of ordinary citizens, well-known writers U Khin Maung
Latt (1915 - ) and Daw Khin Myo Chit (1915 - ) accounted their experiences
during the nation's Independence struggle. In this tape (S-10), only the first
part of U Khin Maung Latt's talk was covered. Since his talk was so interesting
and humorous, ISBDA is quite certain that you will be watching Part II as soon
as Part I is finished.
Recording Date: March 27, 1996.

Volume # S-9 (New Arrival)
Burma's Human Rights Day: Lecture by U Khin Maung Kyi.

The celebration was opened by  keynote address of U Kyi Maung, vice-chairperson
of the NLD.
Lecturer U Khin Maung Kyi, CEC member of the NLD, is one of Burma's human right
experts. (He worked as General Manager of Department of Social Security, Burma
until 1987. He chaired an International Conference on Social Development and
National Security which was jointly sponsored by ILO and Norway in 1979.)
Focus of his lecture is the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Burma's
connection to the UN and other international organizations.
Discussions, questions and answers.
(105 min.)
Recording Date: March 13, 1996.

Volume # S-8 (New Arrival)
Celebration of Burma Children's Day :: Aung San's Birthday.

Opening Songs: "Bo Aung San" and famous "We Are the World" with beautiful
Burmese words.
The celebration was opened by  Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.
Performance Program by the Children:  Nearly ideal Burmese "Yodayar" Dance by Ma
Thida Cho Myint; "Nabanzan" Dance which is admired by Daw Suu was performed by
Ma Thandar Yin Tun's troupe; Aung San Poems by the children and Birthday
presents to the kids.
(80 min.)
Recording Date: February 13, 1996.

=====================================
_NEWLY ARRIVED  REGULAR VOLUMES_

Volume # 40 (New Arrival)
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people who
assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi Maung. In this
volume, U Tin Oo criticized routine  practices of injustice trails and  routine
tortures especially to the political prisoners.
Recording Dates: February 3, 4, 1996.

Volume # 39 (New Arrival)
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people who
assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi Maung. In this
volume, U Kyi Maung revisited the constitution and programme of the NLD,
especially emphasizing in the economic policies. He promised to publish a series
of books on the NLD programme once there exists right of free publication in
Burma.
Recording Dates: January 27, 28, 1996.

Volume # 38 (New Arrival)
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people who
assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi Maung. In
response to a question regarding the call for dialogue,  Daw Suu ridiculed by
suggesting that maybe the question should be asked to U Kun Sa because his
method was proved to be successful at least until now.
Recording Dates: January 20, 21, 1996.

Volume # 37 (New Arrival)
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people who
assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi Maung. Daw Suu
described the concept of National Reconciliation. One question pointed out
SLORC's child abuse pattern to force school children to march to the meetings
that feign having mass support to their national convention.
Recording Dates: December 9,10, 1995.

Volume # 36 (New Arrival)
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people who
assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi Maung. In his
speech,  U Kyi Maung shared his experience of how he answered a repeating
question by young military intelligence askers when he was detained briefly. The
MI interrogated him the whole night with a question why did he joined the NLD.
His auto-reply was, "Because it is for you."
Recording Dates: November 25,26, 1995.

Volume # 35 (New Arrival)
NLD People's Forum:  Speeches and answers to the questions for the people who
assembled at weekends by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Tin Oo and U Kyi Maung. There
was a question regarding pricing tactics exercised by a world famous drink
company (obviously, PEPSI): The prices of soft drinks are deliberately increased
as soon  rainy season ends in Burma.
Recording Dates: November 5,11, 1995.

========================
ORDERING INFORMATION

Unless otherwise specified the price for each Volume  is US$15.00 which includes
tape, copying, handling and air-mailing from the US.

Friends who interested in sharing these tapes must send return address  to
ISBDA, 108 N. Hidalgo #305, Alhambra CA91801, USA  with enclosed check or
international MO payable to Htay H. Kyi.

Please clearly mention the tape Volume  numbers in your order and
we will immediately air-mailed  after knowing your payment.
Remember that a short email notice to ktint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx as you mail the order
quicken the process.

All video tapes are recorded by home video camera system on NTSC VHS format.
(For Camcorder players, 8 mm Video Copies are also available here at ISBDA upon
special request: No additional charge is necessary for this service)

Burmese students and refugees  should send a written request to ISBDA for
getting these videos at high discount rates.

Note: Several more regular series volumes are to be anounced within a few days.

\End