Launch Free Burma C.(South Africa) (r)

Subject: Re: Launch Free Burma C.(South Africa)

Dear Kiru:

Your message made my day!

I will send you some material in the mail today.

In return, could you fax a letter to Governor William Weld in support of the
Massachusetts Burma selective purchasing law? I will email you details of
the bill right now. Governor Weld was a supporter of the campaign against
apartheid. A letter from a Free Burma group in South Africa would really
make a difference.

The Massachusetts Burma selective purchasing bill is the same bill that was
introduced with regard to South Africa. The only difference is that the
words "South Africa" were simply replaced with the word "Burma." The bill
would effectively bar the state from buying goods or services from any
company that does business in Burma.

I will also try to fax you information about the bill.

Thank you for your help!

Simon Billenness
Franklin Research & Development
711 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA 02111