Daw Suu's Birth Day in New Delhi

Burmese pro-democracy activists celebrate the 51st anniversary
of Daw Aung San Suu Kyis birth day in New Delhi

        The 51st birth day anniversary of Daw Aung San Suu
Kyi was celebrated, in meaningful political way, by various
Burmese pro-democracy organizations based in New Delhi. The
celebration was sponsored by the NCGUB (New Delhi) and
almost each and every Burmese pro-democracy activists in New
Delhi enthusiastically participated in the function.

        The function was inaugurated by U Maw Thi Ri, a
renown pro-democracy Burmese expatriate and was presided
over by Dr. Tint Swe, the Minister for the Prime Minister
Office of NCGUB.

        The inaugural speech was delivered by Dr. Tint Swe. In
the first section, birthday felicitations were cited.

        In the second section, "Interview with Daw Aung San
Suu Kyi was impersonified by Ma Thin Thin Aung as Daw
Aung San Suu Kyi and Ko Nanda as Mr. Chapman." Another
item is free discussion on "the present political situation in
Burma and the role of Overseas Burmese pro-democracy
activists."

        In the third section, a comedy drama highlighting the
miserable lives of Burmese people under the rule of SLORC
military regime. After wards, poetry and songs in honour of
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi were presented by Burmese children.

        In conclusion, the following resolutions were
unanimously passed by participants.

1. We are fully confident in the leadership and guidance of Daw
Aung San Suu Kyi in the struggle of restoration of Democracy
and human rights in Burma.

2. We fully support the NLDs plan of drawing new
constitution for democratic Burma.

3. We strongly condemned the SLORCs sham National
Convention and its deny to accept the result of SLORCs so
called National Convention.

4. We strongly condemned the recent unlawful crack down of
SLORCs upon NLD MPs and pro-democracy activists, and
strongly demand for the immediate and unconditional release of
those who are arrested.

5. We strongly condemned the forced public rallies by SLORC

        The function was concluded with chanting slogans at
4:00 p.m.