[Fwd: ring the taco bell]

In the L.A. Times on thursday 6/27, there was a letter printed on page
A19,
in big type type from John E. Martin, Chairman & CEO of Taco Bell Corp,
"Dear Friends."   Mr. Maritn invites everyone to write
to him and says that HE WILL PERSONALLY REPOND TO EVERYONE.

John E Martin
Chairman & CEO
Taco Bell Corp.
17901 Von Karman
Irvine, California 92714-6212

It's basically an advertisement for their new "Extreme Value Meals"

here are some quotes:

> >While Taco Bell's food is still a great value, it's rare today that fast
> foos consumers anywhere say,
> >"Wow - How do they sell so much great-tasting food for such a little price.
> "
> >Once again, we want you to say, "Wow - How does Taco Bell do it?  All that
> grteat-tasting food
> >for such a little amount of money.  There's Nothing Ordinary About It..."
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >John E Martin
> >Chairman & CEO
> >Taco Bell Corp.
> >
> >P.S. - Drop me a line to let me know what you think.  I'd like to hear from
> you, and I'll
> >personally respond to everyone who writes in.

Well, how does Taco Bell do it?  Let's write to John and ask him, and
let him know that there are thousands of boycotters out here who cannot
morally "take advantage" of their "extreme value" as long as they are
turning a blind eye to the extreme human rights abuses perpetrated by
Pepsico's "private" business partner in Burma.

glen

--
http://FreeBurma.org is the Burma information starting point.
http://sunsite.unc.edu/freeburma/whatsnew.html  <--See what's new