FWD:Re:"Bright Light On Burma."

To The Editor
Orange County Register

Re: "Bright Light On Burma."

Your editorial on 7/10/96 is a strong slap on the face of our democracy
movement. I am sure you have been bribed by the UNOCAL, TEXACO, other giant
companies who are doing business in Burma. You mentioned about the US trade
sanctions against Castro's Cuba. You must know that the Soviet Union subsidized
Cuba as its satellite colony until it fell apart two years ago. You cannot hide
the fact that Castro's days are numbered as he doesn't get anymore support from
his masters.

Look at S. Africa's Apartheid government that was forced to relinquish power due
to international trade sanctions headed by the US. Massachusetts State and five
US cities have boycotted Burma and  those companies dealing with SLORC. The
European Community is going to impose trade sanctions too. You should go to
Burma and see with your own eyes how the SLORC generals have become billionaires
and enjoy hand-in-glove relationship with  the notorious drug lords Khun Sa, Law
Sit Han and other Ko Kan & Wa warlords who have taken Khun Sa's place and
continue exporting heroin to the US and the civilized world. I give a big salute
to Senator Mitch Mc Connell & Senate Bill 1511. I hope President Clinton will
sign it into a law and all American companies will be forced to leave Burma
until Democracy is established.

A.B. Aung Khin, M.D.
Secretary General, International Committee for Restoration of Democracy in Burma