SLORC: Aung San Would Want to Kill

Subject: SLORC: Aung San Would Want to Kill Aung San Suu Kyi

     "or would he take out the automatic from it's holster
      and empty the bullets into her. These were the thoughts which flashed
      into my mind"
         New Light of Myanmar, July 18, 1996

SLORC's Martyrs' Day tribute to Aung San and his daughter:

Article by Bo Daewa; "The Unforgettable 19th July" in the Burmese
government English language daily, THE NEW LIGHT OF MYANMAR, July 18,
1996

Begin Text:

My grandchildren, grandpa will tell you something. It is about the
matter that we can never forget, 19th July. You must have heard about it
as high school students up to the time you grandchildren got to college.
You must have heard a lot about l9th July at the talks given by teachers
each year as this day was about to approach. Yes! In connection with the
talks there are important facts which you should never forget. At 10 am
on 19 July, our National Leader Bogyoke [General] Aung San and his
colleagues who were working for the country were brutally assassinated.
These murderers were sent by the country's traitor power-crazy U Saw. As
the Arzani Leaders [Martyrs] fell, the entire country mourned bitterly
at their loss. How can we, who also suffered such a grievance on that
day ever forget it? However, for people like us, it is not only on this
sad day of 19th July that we feel the loss and remember about it, but
forever and never forgive and forget about it for a single day. Grandpa
must relate to you grandchildren about this. We do not think lightly
that our leaders fell due to power-crazy U Saw, nor do we lose sight of
it just by viewing it casually. But we studied, made enquiries and
reviewed who had sent them from behind the scene to execute the plot and
who had provided assistance and who had given support. We had noted
these down never to be forgotten and made note of it and has remained
indelible up till now. I will not go into details who all were involved
in the conspiracy. These will be written and told by historians in
detail. What we have noted down are simple. At that time, owing to the
power of unity of the AFPPL [Anti Fascists People's Freedom League] of
Bogyoke Aung San and others, the British Government had to form a
Consultative Cabinet. Bogyoke Aung San came out of the City Hall, spoke
at a mass rally and gave an ultimatum thus -- if independence is not
granted within a year, then we'll fight. The British had to take Bogyoke
to Britain and make arrangements to grant independence. U Saw objected
to these arrangements. Not long afterwards, the assassination of Bogyoke
and others was carried out. The links which could not be covered
 up were later unfolded. They revealed who the real culprit
was.

At that time, British forces were deeply rooted in Myanmar [Burma] and
the generals and the British Governor were still ruling the country
firmly. A huge ammunition depot where the arms and ammunition of the
British Army were kept was in Botahtaung Township. A junior British
officer by the name of Vivian drew a large number of assorted arms and
ammunition from there and handed them to U Saw's house. U Saw packed
these arms in iron drums and hid them in the Inya Lake in front of his
house. After that U Saw brought his trusted followers from Minhla and
Thayawady, gathered them and trained them. U Saw then carried out his
plot successfully. We did not point our accusing fingers at U Saw only
just by thinking lightly what U Saw had done. The real culprits were the
senior officers of the British Government and the generals. In the
British Army which is very systematic and fully disciplined taking out a
few number of ordinary arms and ammunition had to go through a series of
checking and inspection and permission from high-ranking officer. The
drawing of a large number of arms and ammunition sufficient enough for a
company of soldiers by a junior officer cannot be done without the
knowledge of the highest ranking officers and without their permission.
Therefore, according to concrete proof and significant evidence we can
never forget that it was the British who assassinated our Leaders on 19
July and have made a mental note of it, my grandchildren. Moreover,
there is another fact which we can never forget. You should remember
properly in every detail together with the names of all the Arzanls from
Bogyoke Aung San and Deedok U Ba Choe right down to U Ohn Maung and
Maung Htwe. As for grandpa, I can never forget their qualities and
abilities, their patriotic spirit and their leadership abilities rather
than their names. They mean a great loss to us as well as the cruelty of
the British. Their plot to kill two birds with one stone is a thing
never to be forgotten.  It is not an easy thing to happen to a person
like Bogyoke Aung San, a good leader and an Arzani to be born in our
lifetime. Deedok U Ba Choe who was scholar in all fields, Sayagyi U
Razak who had far-sightedness for Myanmar education, Shan national
leader Mongpawn Sawbwagyi and Kayin national leader Mahn Ba Khaing who
had nationalist fervour in them and made selfless efforts to forge
Myanmar unity, were all patriotic nationals who can never be replaced.
These dignitaries had gathered and were deliberating on that day on
matters relating to progress and prosperity of the State and the people
who would soon become independent, drawing up political, social,
economic and education plans. At this very vital time for Myanmar, the
British with an evil plot dealt a heavy blow by eliminating and
destroyed Bamar, Shan and Kayin leaders to near extinction. They turned
the entire Myanmar, a leaderless country, into total disorder and
created a situation in which the Myanmar public, who were about to make
energetic efforts to shoulder independence duties, to become weak and
listless. We constantly remember this evil plot, more so on 19 July, my
grandchildren. There is another reason why we can never forget 19th
July. Aung San Suu Kyi came back to Myanmar temporarily, the time which
coincided with 19th July. Well, I don't remember the exact year. Up to
that time, we were not even aware that she existed. When we became aware
of her, we became greatly disconsolated. It is because we came to learn
that she had fallen in love and married a long-nosed Englishman Michael
Aris and even given birth to two sons. As soon as I learnt this I burst
out into uncontrollable rage. She had smeared her own father's face
black and had no regard for the honour of her own race and honour of her
own father, a Myanmar leader. She had forgotten how patriotic leaders
had died together with her father in a brutal manner and had joined
hands with a person whose race had brutally taken her father's life. I
felt so deeply that I even began to utter to myself that she had no
shame to come and even live in Myanmar. On that day, when I saw the
picture of Aung San Suu Kyi laying a wreath at the tomb of Bogyoke Aung
San, my thoughts began to wander. If her father, Bogyoke Aung San should
become alive again and rise from his tomb and see his daughter, what
would he do. I thought of the things I would do if I was in his place.
Would he slap his daughter's face left and right like the Japanese do
[in World War II] or would he take out the automatic from it's holster
and empty the bullets into her. These were the thoughts which flashed
into my mind. Then at once I came to remember that although Bogyoke Aung
San apparently looked rough in speech and manner, he was a true
gentleman and had a kind and gentle heart. He would not indulge in any
acts like those which came into my mind. I then realized that he would
simply admonished her like true Myanmar people do and spit on her face
and make her become shameful. Whenever these thoughts flash into my mind
I come to remember 19 July. There is another thing which I want to tell
to let my grandchildren know. As she had forgotten the honour of her
parents and relatives and was enjoying herself in the West as much as
she liked and had forgotten everything, it would have been better for
her and it would have nothing to do with us. But now, it is nothing like
this, my grandchildren. She was incited and instigated and forced to
climb the Myanmar stage and she was made to dance according to their
tune and according to the strings they pulled. While made to dance
according to their tune, they change their play into another pattern and
began the story of direct con- frontations. I think it was on 19 July
1989. She pulled out a confrontation trump card and used it in the
political arena on that day and is creating problems in succession up to
the present day, my grandchildren. Even on the day the British
colonialists killed her own father, she wants to make political gain.
This is very surprising and a big shock to me and 19 July is the most
unforgettable day for Grandpa, my grandchildren.

End text of New Light article.