SLORC: ASSK Unworthy Citizen, Impro

Subject: SLORC: ASSK Unworthy Citizen, Improper Wife

Excerpts from Article by U Phyo: "Mend Before It's Late, Htet Htet Moe
Pyu" in Burmese government daily, MYANMAR ALIN,  August 1, 1996 p. 6.

[Translated Excerpt] As a Buddhist, I always show my gratitude to those
who are grateful to me, and I will try my best to continue this act.
Besides my parents and mentors, I need to show my gratitude to General
Aung San, a national leader.  Gen. Aung San bravely and decisively fought
the English imperialists.  He revolted against the English imperialists,
who were the enemies of Myanmar nationals, and strived for the
independence that was greatly desired by the people.
	To express my gratitude to Gen.  Aung San, I would kindly like to
criticize and correct his daughter's [Aung San Suu Kyi's] wrong attitudes
and actions.  I believe the prestige of Gen.  Aung San, our savior, will
be increased if she simply accepts my criticisms and correct her mistakes
before it is too late.  If she accepts my criticisms and corrects her
mistakes, she will become more compatible with her life and her
surroundings, and it will bring great enjoyment.
	There is a saying that a potter must pound on a pot while making it,
with the intention of making it beautiful but not to break it.
Similarly, I am going to make some criticisms, not to get her into
trouble or to affect her interests but to encourage her to correct her
mistakes so that it will bring benefits to her and the situation.
[passage omitted on Burmese saying on the duties of children]
	The first point to address is whether she expressed her aratitude to her
parents.  Her father was a great patriotic man wna assiduously worked for
the country and the people.  Did she follow her father's policy and path?
 Did she ever express her high patriotism.and anti-imperialist spirits
like her grandfather, Bo Min Yaung, and her father, Bo Teza.  What a sad
thing!  She was married to a race that decapitated her grandfather and
provided weapons to her father's assassins.  How is she going to continue
with foreign blood in her?  So, my first conclusion is that she is a
contumelious daughter who has failed to fulfill a child's duty, which is
maintaining the parental lineage. [passage omitted on Burmese saying on
the duties of wife]
	The second point is that when a woman becomes a wife she must perform
the duties of wife and fulfill her husband's needs.  She is a wife who
has not been performing her duties because she has not been discharging
her duties and fulfilling her husband's needs as a wife for a long time.
	The third point is that she is not discharging her duties as a mother.
[passage omitted] She is a mother who lacks consideration aiid warmtla.
	The fourth point is that she is a dictatorial leader who lacks respect
for others and who is weak in dealing with her party's respectable and
elderly members.  It has also been learned that she often gets angry and
rejects all the ideas and suggestions presented by her colleagues when
she disagrees with them.
	The fifth point is that she is an unworthy citizen because she has a
negative outlook and no regard for the Defense Service government that is
rebuilding the country, which is lagging behind in every aspect.  She
tells the international community not to provide assistance to Myanmar,
not to invest in Myanmar, to impose sanctions on Myanmar, and to take
actions against  Myanmar.  She tells tourists not to visit Myanmar and
tells the world Bank not to provide loans to Myanmar.  With her negative
attitude, she is working to hurt the country in which she resides.
[passage omitted]
	To express gratitude to Gen.  Aung San, our savior and leader, can she
not show even a little love for the Myanmar that was cherished by her
father? [passage omitted on state government implementing development
programs throughout the country]
	There is a maxim: Even things that break down quite often can be fixed
in a short time.  I hope that she discards her wrong ideas and attitudes,
adopts a constructive and progressive view, and becomes a good mother, a
good wife, a gentle comrade of the party, and a citizen with genuine
goodwill, who does not disturb and disrupt the country and block the
country's development. it is too late, however, for her to be a good
daughter who maintains her lineage.  I cannot do anything but ignore this
matter.
	If she will simply follow my advice, then the title Academy Htet Htet
Moe Pyu [derogatory reference to Aung San Suu Kyi meaning sharp-tongued
woman], that was conferred by me, will be very suitable for her.  I would
like to remind her that if she refuses my advice and continues to engage
in destructive acts, then from Academy Htet Htet Moe Pyu she will
automatically become Academy
Htet Htet Sone [Sorceress] Pyu.

End text.