Pepsi Boycott

Dear Jessie:

To answer your question, let me quote Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, leader of
the democracy movement in Burma. She said: "We do not consider that Pepsico
has withdrawn from Burma at all.  The name Pepsi Cola is still used.  7-Up,
Miranda, the company trade names are still used, and as I understand it the
company is still sending the necessary ingredient for the soft drinks to
Burma, so we do not consider that this constitute a withdrawal."

Most importantly, Pepsi's partner Thein Tun is spearheading a campaign
to crush the democracy movement.  While acting as the keynote speaker at a
rally organized by the Union Solidarity and Development Association (USDA),
which is the mass organization of the military regime, Tun Thein called for
the "annihilation" of pro-democracy elements in Burma.

We find it appalling that Pepsi continues to deal with such thugs as
Thein Tun.

Thank you for siding with the people of Burma in their struggle for
democracy and human rights.

folks at ncgub