Seinfeld - the brush w/ Burma episo (r)

Subject: Re: Seinfeld - the brush w/ Burma episode

I ain't mucha a story teller however I'll try my best!

Seinfeld is one of the most American popular comedy sitcoms on prime time TV
hour on a major network (NBC) here in the States.

In the 9/19/96, Thursday episode, one of the lead characters - Elaine's boss
gets so stressed out, flies out of the country & ends up in Burma where he says
he's having the time of his life & plans on staying there.  He then, calls
Elaine from a "phone booth" in Burma where they show yellow/orange monks
walking by.  Then Jerry gets into an argument w/ the gang about how Burma is
now called "Myanmar".

It was just really short-brush with "Burma" however this show is watched by
millions of American across the States & one of THE most popular sitcoms on
American air nowadays.

Most likely many Americans will know what Burma is by watching the show rather
than reading the papers, watching the news.  (From my experience, though I,
myself an American citizen, friends I came across do NOT know where Burma is or
anything about Burma at all.)

For more info, pls contact my brother who's a dying fan of Seinfeld at:
bribri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx !

I hope this helps...