Can I use my Mac now ? (r)

Dear All,

	I have little to add to Simon B.'s response to
Valkyriely@xxxxxxx's post.  Just one point though:

(On 8 Oct 1996 simon_billenness@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote)

> Dear Burmanet Subscribers:
>
> I could not resist replying to a few points made by Valkyriely@xxxxxxx
>
> My comments are interspersed below.
>
> > From: Valkyriely@xxxxxxx
> >      (snip)
> >Let's be honest. Pepsi,Apple,etc. pulled out of Burma because the amount of
> >	 (snip)
> >Who are the losers in Pepsi,Apple,etc  pull out ? The ordinary Burmese people

	To my understanding, PepsiCo have withdrawn from Burma in name only.
Earlier this year (end of April, I think) they sold their 40% stake in the
venture to their partner (and Union Solidarity Development Assoc.
heavy) Thein Tun.  He still bottles in their name & pays them royalties.
Effectively, PepsiCo's presence in Burma (both economic (though small
compared to the oil giants) and as a 'vote of confidence' for SLORC) is
undiminished.
	Just a clarification.  If I'm wrong on any of this, jump in and
correct me.
	Peace and solidarity,
				Ed  :)

Ed Hudson