ASSK - House Arrest

RE: BBC's report that Aung San Suu Kyi has not been able to leave her
home since Wednesday morning

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 15:16:34 CDT
To: Multiple recipients of list MAYKHA-L <MAYKHA-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: BBC-radio announces house-arrest

Dear ALL,

Yes, it is confirmed!!! Here in the Institute many heard about it and we
are now trying to make a demonstartion against this unlawful act of the
Slorc.

We have contacted various key persons and have sent S.O.S messages as many
as we can reach by phone, Fax and e-mail.

If anybody have any initiative please let me know. My phone and fax number
is +31-15-2569695. If you use voice phone, please leave the message in
the answering machine. If you are on line, you can reach me here <nin@xxxxxx>

Dr. Khin Ni Ni Thein
NCGUB (Denmark and The Netherlands)