To: burmanet-l @ igc.apc.org @ internet
cc:   (bcc: Winston Lee/SHI)
Date: Friday  November 1, 1996 05:15 AM
Subject: RealAudio BurmaSong

Dear Friends,

Since we have been streaming the Democratic Voice of Burma Broadcast from
the BurmaSong site <http://users.imagiware.com/wtongue/dvb.html>, some
questions about the way the files play have arisen.

Thomas at Imagiware has confirmed what I suspected: if you have
difficulty playing the RealAudio files, the problem is not at the
RealAudio server or with your computer but is caused by the volumn of
traffic on the Internet between the two.

The same circumstances which slow the transfer of imafe and text files
also can cause the RA files to download too slowly to play properly or
raise an error message telling you there is insufficient bandwidth for
them to play at all.

The information highway sometimes can turn into a parking lot. Your best
option is to try playing the files at a different time.

Peace and Courage,

Wrightson