SLORC continues torture of student (r)

Subject: Re: SLORC continues torture of student leaders

Regarding Dr. Aye Chan, I would like to add a few comments:

He worked at Rangoon University after his completion of Ph. D. in
International Relation from University of Kyoto, Japan. He is really
simple university teacher: meaning that almost apolitical (non-poli in
Japanese). He was arrested because he helped his students by transporting
with his car. The long-term prison sentence for him was reportedly based
on the military government's speculation  that he and DASSK were friends
as they were once studying at the same university in Japan. That
speculation is not necessarily true and it is not a crime either. Most
funniest thing is that Kyoto University so proud for DASSK when she
received  Nobel Prize while almost everybody in Japan would not want to
talk about Ko Aye Chan because they knew that he was arrested and
sentenced 14 years or so.  I have never heard of a word of concern from
Japanese authorities to help this innocent fellow in prison; but Japanese
are really eager to promote trade with SLORC.

PS: Remember that International Relation was Daw Ni Ni Myint's subject in
Rangoon University.

Kyaw Tint

KT
ISBDA