UPDATE, YOU BAD PEOPLE

The Burma Peace Foundation is almost ready with another update
of its Burma Action Directory (BAD), which as usual will be
posted on reg.burma and soc.cult.burma.

SEND YOUR BAD UPDATES NOW if you want them to feature, to
darnott@xxxxxxxxxxxx or (Tel/Fax) (+41-22) 733 2040. Check the
version posted on 30 October 96 and see if there are any
corrections to make.

For the innocent who know not BAD, it is the most
comprehensive list of snail and email addresses, plus phone,
fax and sometimes descriptions, of groups and individuals in
the Burma support community, plus the people working on Burma
in the UN, governments, human rights and development NGOs,
Burmese ethnic groups, and lots more. With the list of
corporations (which I have not updated recently, having given
this task to another person, and will not post this time), BAD
is now about 200 pages.

One area I have not been able to keep up with is North
America. Could someone send me a list (preferably in BAD
format) of the student and other groups active on Burma in
North America.

Apart from what people send me between now and Upload Day, the
main additions since the last update (30/10/96) are for
Japan, India and Thailand.

SLORC and its friends are invited to check the October 96 BAD
and update their addresses, websites, fax numbers etc
contained therein.

David Arnott (Burma Peace Foundation)

11/Feb/97