The Nation, Burma Intensifies Push (r)

Subject: Re: The Nation, Burma Intensifies Push Against Karen

At 04:37 AM 2/18/97, you wrote:
>From: Ken and Visakha Kawasaki <brelief@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: The Nation, Burma Intensifies Push Against Karen
>
>The Nation		Feb. 18, 1997
>Burma Intensifies Push Against Karen Rebels
>BY YINDEE LERTCHAROENCHOK
>
>	THE Burmese army is pressing ahead in its efforts to capture the last
>remaining sizeable area under the control of the country's Karen rebels,
>while the combined number of refugees who have fled into Thailand since the
>offensive began has reached a record 100,000, the largest number since the
>Cambodian conflicts in the 1980s.

After Chavalet has been in power for several months, Thai police searched
ABSDF's offfice and other. Kakans are under attacked by Burmese troops that
they call "Con-Aga" policy because the Thai government counts on that
invisiblity of Karans along the Thai border will make more benifits for Thai
company doing businesses with the SLORC in the Karan State.

What about Total and Unocal? Where their money goes to? SLORC buys arms and
tanks from China to kill the inocent Karan. Is that Total and Unocal's
ethnical respnsibility for our country and restoration of democracy?
Unocal's president very recently said that his company changes culture and
positive view by doing  business in Asia. What he meant was that the SLORC
is getting stronger to kill its own people by giving million dollars of
bonus from Unocal. Does he see Karan as his enemy who threatening his pipe
line project?

Please stop it and should concern the refugees as human being like you do,
Chavalet.

Mr. Unocal president, please do not put pressure on Thai government to help
the Burmese troops to kill Karan refugees in Thai soil that's not a good
diea. Hell is not far away from you Sir. You are old enought to get retire.
Please make yourself be peace before you die to protect going into the hell
that I advise.